Frequently Asked Questions|

As a taxpayer, you have a legal responsibility to furnish accurate information on your property. Our office welcomes all information provided by the property owner. If you have complied with these legal requirements, you are entitled to question the value placed on your property.

If your opinion of the value of your property differs from the assessor’s, you may come to our office to discuss the matter in person. Be prepared to show evidence that the assessor’s valuation of the property is incorrect, as well as evidence of the correct value. Our staff will be glad to answer your questions about the assessor’s appraisal.

If, after discussing the matter with the assessor, a difference of opinion still exists, you may appeal your assessment to the St. Charles Parish Board of Review. After reviewing your appeal, if the Board agrees with the assessor and a difference of opinion still exists, you may appeal the Board’s decision to the Louisiana Tax Commission.

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window