ST. CHARLES PARISH ASSESSOR TAB TROXLER has spent his entire career serving St. Charles Parish.
As a lifelong resident, Tab is proud to be a part of a community filled with natural beauty, cultural diversity, and most of all – great people. He and his wife Jena, a veterinarian, have four children.
Elected in 2011, Tab has endeavored to run an efficient, fair, and transparent Assessor’s Office. As a former emergency preparedness director of 12 years, he understands the importance of working collaboratively with residents and leading a well-trained, responsive staff.
He is a Louisiana Certified Assessor and a graduate of both Tulane University and Hahnville High School. In his spare time, you might spot Tab enjoying the waterways and skies in St. Charles Parish – he’s an avid fisherman and licensed pilot.
Tab relishes the opportunity to speak to the community and educate residents about his role.
- Current President and former Vice-President and Treasurer, Louisiana Assessor’s Association
- Chairman, Louisiana Assessor’s Association Orientation Committee
- Made numerous presentations to the Louisiana State House and Senate on property tax issues
- Recipient, International Association of Assessing Officers 2018
- Public Information Program Award
- Recipient, Bureau of Governmental Research Excellence in Government Award for Innovation
- Former Director of Emergency Preparedness, St. Charles Parish
- Led response to Hurricane Katrina
- Former Member, St. Charles Parish Industrial Mutual Aid
- Former Chairman, Southeast La. Hurricane Taskforce
- Recipient, Career Achievement Award, Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness
- Former Board Member, Louisiana Emergency Preparedness Association
- Louisiana Certified Assessor303 course hours with the International Association of Assessing Officers
- Bachelor of Arts, Tulane University, New Orleans
- Studied basic and advanced real estate and property appraisal at Tulane University
- Private Pilot – Instrument rated
- Member, St. Charles Parish Rotary Club
- Former Board Member, United Way of St. Charles
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International
- Board Member and former President, St. Charles Parish Aviation Association